Sunday, September 19, 2010

it's been a while!

I have been slack with posting, but I have been busy! last saturday was a very crazy and hectic day. I finished decorating and packaging my friends baby shower Biscuits


I also finished up and wrapped my little friend "kitty" Bouquet



I made a start on my first order, I baked and iced 15 round cookies, in varying bright colours. I made up some mini melting moments to take to my parents and for my Sister in Law. I then packed up all mine and Jbaby stuff to go stay at my parents place for the night,so by 4pm I was driving in one direction to drop off the kitty Bouquet, I think my friend really liked it! While there I was fielding phone calls from my friend with the baby shower, trying to organise a place to meet so I could hand over his biscuits.
I then started driving in the opposite direction, towards my parents place (they live about an hour away from me!) around the halfway mark I met my friend at a shopping centre carpark and dropped his biscuits to him, he was impressed! He really wanted to pay me, but I just made him promise to tell everyone who made them and give my phone number! 
I then continued driving, but I didn't go to my parents yet, I needed to drop in on my Sister in Law who had gotten out of hospital that day, as soon as I pulled up at her place I got a phone call from Dad "Tea's ready, where are you??" oops, It all took a bit longer than I thought it would! I had a quick visit with Sis in law, said I would come back the next day, gave her her melting moments and I was on my way again, luckily my parents only live just up the road from her.
Saturday night was nice, Jbaby slept well, we left the next morning and after visiting Sis in law again quickly we came home again.
DISASTER!!! The icing on the round biscuits for my order had gone all funny! Silly me didn't use enough icing sugar! I could have slapped myself!!
So that night I made another batch up, I made them bigger, then I had the idea of using the packet of roll out icing I had in the cupboard, so I coloured lots of balls of icings in different colours and rolled it out as thin as I could (I'm not a big fan of fondant icing, especially thick layers of it) and cut out disks of it to place on top of the biscuits, advantage of that being there is less drying time and I could get on to the personalisation quicker.
I used my ABC cutters to cut out the first letters of the childs name in contrasting colours, then used black royal icing to outline and pipe the rest of the name. I was very happy with the result! 




I think they look kinda comic booky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment