Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's 5am

and I'm thinking about baking already!
Had to be up early this morning as the Jman left VERY early for his flight to Sydney.
Jbaby is also awake, otherwise I think I would actually prefer to be in a blissful state of slumber. There was far too much excitement going on for him to go back to sleep, so planning and designing it is!
I now have myself a sketch book, in which I have been jotting down ideas and designs for biscuits, flavours I want to try and icing designs I'd like to do.
It is amazing the amount of beautiful photos on the web, I love looking at other baking blogs and seeing what ideas others have come up with.
I have also been doing a bit of research into packaging. I originally planned on doing something like 1-3 biscuits in a bag, tied up with ribbon, simple, looks great.
Cookie Bouquets is another thing I'm about to have a go at, which will involve quite a bit more packaging and wrapping, ie; individual wrap for each biscuit, pot/basket/mug or box for them to stick into, then cello wrap the lot and finish with bows or ribbons.

So, for today I think I need to get down to the shops, stock up on some essentials, then get baking! I really want to give the melting moments recipe a try, I will drop some off with the cornflake cookies, see if they sell.
I also want to do some more iced biscuits so I can get more photos up, Im not particularly proud of what I have up at the moment, I know I can do better!

No comments:

Post a Comment