Monday, March 28, 2011

A purple dragon

Thats right, purple dragons!
My favourite colour and one of my favourite mythical (?) creatures all in one!
Thank you so much Janet for your order!
I did need to buy the cutter just for this order, but I figure the price is worth it (even the shipping from England!) Getting interest already with prospective new orders ;)  I searched online for hours, trying to find a decent looking dragon, that didnt just resemble a funny looking sea horse...I eventually came across the "Welsh or St George Dragon" he fit the bill quite nicely.

BUT! It is very fiddly, with legs, tail,wings etc, very fragile too, I had to make the cookies a bit thicker then usual, next time I think I will make them thicker again, I had a bugger of a time even just cutting them out and not having them fall to pieces on me, I did eventually work out that A LOT of flour to dust the cutter was a good thing, as was cutting them straight on the baking paper so I didnt have to move them. Even after I figured all that out, I still managed to lose half of their silly tongues (that hang out their heads!)

After all that drama, icing them was a dream! I think this was one time when the image I had in my head came to life in front of my eyes.



I could have really gotten quite carried away with detailing on these babies, I did how ever manage to restrain myself to disco dust, gold and silver paint and a little luster dust.
Looking forward to making many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment