Saturday, March 5, 2011

A card that is a cookie, that is a card, is a cookie...

I wanted to try something different, have a product that was a little bit unique in the cookie world, (very hard to do, I think EVERYTHING has been done that can be!)
I came up with the idea of a cookie card, basically a rough A5 size sheet of cookie, topped with one large cookie cut out shape and up to 5 minis.
My first one I was pretty happy with.. For my friends 21st Birthday. looking back now, its quite rough, but it was also a bit of a rush job, my bad!

the second one was actually a Christmas card for a little girl, ordered through one of the girls from my Mums group (extended family) The little girl is right into horses, I was sure I had a horse cutter, turned out I didnt!
LOL, oh well, I got there eventually with a bit of creative icing!
I heard that this little girl loved it so much, she didnt want to eat it!

I also did two for valentines day, but alas, again for some strange reason I didnt take any photos! I can't believe I did that!!

This birthday card I had major dramas with! The original one I made, I had all finished right around Christmas, I was leaving to go on holiday in Darwin and had planned to pack this up and post off to the lucky girl that day, but when I picked it up I somehow managed to drop it and break it into a million pieces! Disaster!!! I had no time to make another!!! I messaged my friend who had ordered it and explained the situation, I wouldn't be back until the new year, luckily, she was fine with me doing it when I came back.
So after I came back, I made this one up and posted off, this happened the day before the devastating flooding in Brisbane which of course made all postage deliveries grind to a halt.  2 WEEKS  (!!) and many phone calls to Aus Post later, the Birthday girl FINALLY got her card.

This one has to be my favourite so far, it all just worked!

This is the photo Her Mum posted on my FB page, she chomped straight into it!
Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Cookie cards are $14.95, your choice of theme and colour, A5 size cookie sheet topped with a large cookie cutter shape and up to 5 minis!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea Bec, these look great!
    ~ Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christine, they are proving to be popular! Fun to make too! :)

    ReplyDelete