Saturday, January 29, 2011

Competition time!

I can't believe that January is almost behind us, already! Since becoming a mum, the years just seem to fly by with seeming haste, leaving me feeling rather dis oriented!

With Valentines day coming up, (and all the FB BS about having competitions, or not as the case may be!) I figured doing it on my blog would be a better way to play.

So in order to win yourself a $25 gift box of Valentines cookies, comment below and tell me about your first memory of Valentines day...

My first memory of Valentines day was when I was 12, I had a BF by the name of Stephen, (we held hands at the train station occasionally!) I met him in the entrance of the station, he had a gift for me, I was EMBARRASSED! LOL, I'm sure I went bright red as he handed it too me, I opened up the tiny box and found a silver necklace with one of those hearts inside that you break in two pieces and each gets one. I fumbled around with it, my hands shaking so badly, he took it off me and put one around my neck then put the other on himself, I think I mumbled "thanks" and ran off to my friends...Ungrateful little so and so, wasn't I ??  ah well, I dumped him 2 days later...young love eh? LOL

so here is some of what you could be getting

"Puppy love" set, of 6 biscuits/cookies.


Spell it out set

more to come...
Good luck, Competition will drawn at 8pm (adelaide time) on the 7th of February, using random.org to choose a comment. Only open to Australian residents (due to postal restrictions) I will also need you to leave your email address so I can contact you to arrange delivery, taa!
Happy reminiscing!

9 comments:

  1. I dont recall ever really celebrating Valentines day. Was never really into boys and when I finally did get a boyfriend I managed to find one that didnt care to celebrate it. W...hen I got old (LOL) and met 'the one' we decided to get married on Valentines day......in Vegas BABY!! Til then the day never meant much but now its a true celebration of our love. Signing our lives away to eachother in Sin City, walking in my wedding dress down The Strip, dancing in Saint Mark's square at the Venetian Hotel and drinking cocktails in glasses the size of my head is my first real memory of a Valentines Day I have celebrated.
    Lisa Lakides

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my first valentines with my first boyfriend.. he had planned a special MASSIVE bunch of flowers and teddy bear to be delivered to me at home while he was at work. Well he got home and there was no flowers and not teddy bear.. He had to ring up and rip into them. I go my valentines pressie at 9pm that night :(
    Elizabeth Hannaford

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne Riley @all painted upJanuary 29, 2011 at 7:08 AM

    this wasn't my first but it was last year. My hubby and I set a budget for each other of $20. On valentines day I brought out my lovely card that I spent ages searching for and my 3 red chocolate roses. I thought I had done well $18.50 so change from my $20. Hubby laughed when I gave him my pressie. I was like 'WHAT'? then he brought out his valentine gift. Exactly the same as I had gotten him even down to that card!!!! Classic I thought shows we are still in tune with each other after 7 years together. LOVE YOU MY Scotty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your story Bec! Julia (Miss 4) was so thrilled with Valentines Day last year (chocolates, flowers & a huge balloon were delivered to us from Dad), then on Mothers Day I was greeted with "Happy Valentines Day Mum!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first valentines day I actually had a partner for and celebrated was the first valentines day I spent with my husband. He held my hand with tears in his eyes as I gave birth to our son, Dylan at 5am on the 14th feb 2005. I have a valentines day gift that just keeps on giving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first PROPER valentines i bought my BF and I a matching heart necklace thing (you know the ones that join together), my mum went and picked it up for me.
    He got me a bracelet from the toy shop, we went with his mum, they made me wait OUTSIDE the TOY SHOP and came out with it... rofl.
    Back then i didn't care but how funny it is now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much for sharing! these stories are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. can't remember any memorable V-days from when i was younger! Hubby and I got together on V-day though - he was waiting for me at a friends place, and she was ringing me every 10 minutes or so asking what time i was going over there - given i was doing stuff for her daughter in law(to be) i was getting really peeved with the constant phone calls so ended up turning up there with a "WTF" attitude and got greeted by my man with a single red rose and a sheepish look on his face lol
    I felt sooooo bad, but how was i to know?

    ReplyDelete
  9. My first Valentines.. I was 12 and I was "in love" so in love that for days leading up to the big day I dragged a crate of empty glass soft drink bottles to the local deli to claim my 10 cents a bottle refund. (am I showing my age? lol) After what seemed like a million trips I finally had enough to purchase a small cermanic white teddy bear with a red love heart. He was over the moon and I received a beautiful home made card stating his love for me. I remember this very well as if it was yesterday as he is my facebook friend but who I won't tell!

    ReplyDelete